Planning & Zoning Responsibilities
The Planning & Zoning Department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Fenton Township Zoning Ordinance and Land Use Plan.
The Department processes applications, coordinates pre-application meetings and provides staff support to the Township Board, the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals including but not limited to:
- Zoning Permit Request
- Site Plan Review Request
- Special Land Use Permit Request
- Zoning Ordinance and Map Amendments
- Text Amendments & Rezoning Request
- Variance Request
- Appeals of Administrative Decisions
- Ordinance Interpretations
It is recommended that a pre-application meeting be scheduled prior to submittal of any application.